Farm Business Management
Distance Learning starts May 2018
This module gives students the skills to analyse, carry out and revise farm business plans. The module will look at all aspects of farm planning from the accounts to the physical aspects that anyone dealing with farms should be aware of. The students will be taught how to develop a robust and logical plan, and be given the task of creating a plan of their own through our unique interactive farm business.
The module requires knowledge of Excel and students will be expected to complete short pre-module on using Excel during the first week of the module.
Topics covered in this module are:
- Objectives and decision making
- Integration – policy, economics, markets and the business
- Business structures
- Business analysis
- Risk and Uncertainty
- Robustness, resilience and sensitivity analysis
- Dealing with private and personal aspects of a business
- Drawing up and presenting business plans – methods and practicalities
- Revising business plans
Contributions from: Anthony O’Regan and Penri James
To register for this course go to the Apply To Be A Distance Learner page
Existing ATP students please email us at Distance Learner Enquiries@aber.ac.uk
To find out about fees go to Fees page.
+44 (0)1970 823224